Now Accepting Expressions of Interest for .NGO/.ONG
I am pleased to announce that starting this month the Public Interest Registry is accepting Expressions of Interest (EOI) from organizations that seek to obtain a domain ending in .NGO/.ONG. The new extensions are slated to launch in 2014, but preparation to register them should start now, which is the primary reason why EOIs are now open for submission.
- Email updates on developing information regarding all launch processes by the authoritative operator of the .NGO/.ONG domain extension.
- An alert service containing relevant and important data pertaining to the registration process of .NGO/.ONG, such as how to register for the Trademark Clearinghouse and requirements for participation in early registration.
- Exclusive news on any offers from authorized companies handling the registration of .NGO/.ONG at launch time.
- The first phase, as required by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is the Trademark Sunrise period. In order to participate in this period, an organization must register its trademark properties with the Trademark Clearinghouse.
- The second phase is the Landrush period. If organizations do not register with the Trademark Clearinghouse, then this is the time when they can participate in the registration process. They will be required to pay a premium for their registration(s).
- The third phase is General Availability, which is open to all organizations at the regular price.